What can I say about Riley... Perpetual motion. She is constantly in play. She can sit in her room for hours "cleaning" and manage to get more stuff out than was there before. She hates to pick up after herself but loves to go to Grandma Lynn's house and clean for her.
She hates to get in trouble, yet she manages to find it. She loves to play and has tons of little girlfriends. She is constantly off to play with ....and the list is a mile long and never in the same order. She hates to call and tell me where she ended up. She loves to dress up, wear my make-up and get new clothes and yet she loves to go camping and play in the mud or sand or whatever is at hand.
She is dramatic, playful, artistic and imaginative. She can draw, color, sew, create, invent and craft for hours. She loves it so much that if you forget to look on the back of each school paper you've missed out. The key is to get her to finish the assignment before she stars dreaming up her next picture.
She is kind and patient and prayerful. She keeps us on our knees and in check with Heavenly Father with at minimum nightly , "mommy..praaayyyerrr". She loves her cat-except when it's time to change her litter box. She dresses her up and carries her around. I swear that cat knows exactly what she tells it to do. It even follows her when she leaves the house.
She is anxious to begin taking piano lessons and loves tinkering with her keyboard that she got for Christmas. When she isn't trying to play it, she loves to listen to the pre-programmed tunes.
She loves to get in front of the camera and is constantly finding the most beautiful...flower, leaf, etc., etc., etc. and says "mommy, take this picture...or can I take a picture of this?" and I often find many surprise photos on my camera when I download Thank goodness they are digital, though she is getting better.
This is Riley in the hotel room dressed and ready to celebrate her day. There will certainly be no pinching her on her Birthday. I stand amazed that my youngest has just turned 9 and that just yesterday she was my little baby.
Happy Birthday my sweet Irish leprechaun (yes leprechauns jump on beds)
1 comment:
I cannot believe how Riley has grown, much less to the beautiful young lady I see blooming. Debi
Post a Comment